palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

perfect pretty (and tough)

Rainer Maria - Look Now, Look Again

From the transition of punk - to pop punk - to emo - to indie rock, Rainer Maria came to me right at the emo to indie phase. Look Now, Look Again was the first album I had to stop everything I was doing and just listen to it, when I heard it. With it's poetic (pretentious?) lyrics, male/female back-and-forth vocals and shift from soft to shouty vocals... this records stands out as one of my favorites. At the time of its release, Polyvinyl had one heck of a strong bunch o' bands. If you're looking for some inspiration, you may find it when you listen to this record.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home