palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

albummmsss, con't.

Blonde Redhead - Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons
For the most part, I'm a pretty straight forward music appreciator. I don't enjoy art rock that is arty for the sake of it. I don't like my music too avante garde for it's own good. I'm surprised I love Blonde Redhead as much as I do, but alas - I can't help it. They're no Liars or Deerhoof, to be sure - but they have a bit of a bite. If you're not careful you can get turned off by the shrieks and yelps Kazu Makino can and will let out at any given time. I bought this record a few years after it was released, right before I started interning at Touch & Go Records. I have dreams of Blonde Redhead scoring my most artsy movie I plan on making...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home