palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Top 2007 Albums Con't (Great Videos Section)

Justice - cross
dance

Similar to Fujiya & Miyagi last year, Justice hit me at the right place and the right time. This album is a digital dance party (and this video is cool as hell). I'm guessing this album will make the top ten on pitchfork this year. It's in my top 20 for sure, but it probably won't break the 10.

Socalled - ghettoblaster
you are never alone

This album is not bad. Apparently this kid takes all his parent's old 45's and scours them for samples. Some crazy little jewish kid. This has to be one of the best videos ever.

Cold War Kids - robbers & cowards
hang me up to dry

I fell in love with this band last year and have listened to their song 'we used to vacation' well over a hundred times, according to iTunes. This album, while not as strong as many others released this year - isn't bad.
This video looks like a cut up Scorsese movie... I like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home