palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Top 2007 Albums Con't even further...

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
skinny girls:

I have only had this album for a month or so, but I'm listening to it the way I did Grizzly Bear last year. I love it. It's haunting and beautiful. I know it sounds like TV On The Radio playing Iron & Wine songs, but it's unique in that way. Every song on this 9 song album is perfect. Look into it.

speaking of...
Iron & Wine - the shepherd's dog
boy with a coin:

I love how full this album sounds. Sam Beam is getting more and more creative with each album. This has a much more full (and much poppier) sound. While the roots are still in southern folk, Iron & Wine are moving into different territory - and I like it.

Bishop Allen - the broken string
like castinets:

While this full album isn't as big and bold as their EP's from last year, it's still a great listen. Nice boy pop music. it's friendly and fun - and these guys are so nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home