palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Top 2007 Albums Con't

Jens Lekman - Night Falls Over Kortedala


Scandinavian / English Pop. The stuff that dreams are made of. I love this album (and this person) a lot more than I should. His music is so simple and beautiful. It gets me in all the right places. Thank you, Jens.

Beirut - the Flying Club Cup


Similar to Jens, Zach Condon wears his Eastern-European influences on his sleeve and creates beautiful (and old-worldy) pop music. I like this Sophomore Beirut album more than the debut.

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible


Sure they're surrounded by Hype at every turn. It's well-deserved hype in my eyes. This band creates lush soundscapes and haunting rhythms.

all three of these albums are big in the public eye for my indie albums of the year, but they are all wonderful works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home