palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Top 2007 Albums

It's November and time to start thinking about the year end best of lists.
There were a lot of great albums that came out this year. It's going to be tough for me to pick ten and put them in order. I just went through my itunes lists and put a playlist of my favorite albums released this year. The playlist has 37 albums on it. For the next few weeks I'm going to post some of the highlights of this year to help me slim down my choices and see what sticks.

Menomena - friend and foe

this album came out in January and I've loved it all year. I'm sure this will end up on the final list of ten... I just don't know where.

!!! - myth takes

Seeing this band live twice this year has helped me enjoy this album. !!! knows how to make you dance and this album is really great from start to finish... when I feel like dancing.

St Vincent - marry me

It honestly can't get more haunting and beautiful than this album by St. Vincent. I saw her in Portland the first time I visited the town. I have since moved to Portland. Now, I'm not saying I moved here because I saw her play here... but it's surely more than a coincidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home