palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

January recap

I feel like writing, so bare with me.
the Ad agency I work for is having a contest of sorts - it coincides with Manuary, so I'm all about it. All the dudes in the office spun the "Wheel of Mustaches". On the wheel were 16 different "celebrity" mustaches. Whichever mustache you land on you must grow. There was everything from Rawly Fingers to Hitler. Everyone chipped in 20 bucks and whoever grows the best mustache (the one they're supposed to grow) wins the pot. A collection of women in the office will be the judges.
The day of judging is February 22. That is still a month away. I have been growing my dumb mustache all of Manuary - and now I still have a month to go. Ugh.
Every Manuary around the 22nd it gets too much to handle. It's a real commitment at this point, either you trim it up and keep it - or you shave it off.

It's kind of driving me nutso.

Enough Mustache talk,

Spending time as a freelance writer makes me want to continue doing that.
I have enjoyed my day job here at a very cool ad agency, but it was a whole different ballgame getting flown in to a new company, having meetings where they present all sorts of information and then wait for us to deliver genius in writing up all the info they just gave us.
It was three days of meetings, three different projects.
In the end, I developed on logical storyline that gives their game exactly what it needs on all angles.
They seemed very pleased and excited about it.

By Monday I should get the word about working with them on the other two projects as we move forward.

I hope I can continue this working relationship...
and I also hope to get paid soon. I didn't realize the exchange rate as I was paying for things in Paris. Yikes! I spent a lot more money than I thought I was.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM , Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

    So what mustache did you land on? I'm dying to know what you're shooting for. Also, we should probably see it in picture form.

    We should definitely see it in picture form.

     
  • At 12:11 PM , Blogger blob bladewig said...

    I landed on the "Cheech Marin".
    I'll post pictures soon.

    It is awful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home