palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Aaaah Portland.

After our first trip back to Chicago - we were walking from our terminal to the bus that would take us to our car.
On the way down the escelator Stacey started laughing. I had no idea why. She told me to go back up and come down the escelator again, but pay attention to the big sign above, which welcomes people to Portland.
It's a jokey sign that says "The Best Cars are made in Portland" - and is referring to train cars. Stacey said she has seen the sign hundreds of times, but never noticed what is in the upper right corner until right then and there and it cracked her up.

I went back up and came down.
I had to do it twice so I could take this picture of it.


Silly Portland, you're my home now for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home