palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Favorite Ablums

Yeah. Ablums.

albums

the kind you put on and have to listen to all the way through.
Let's see if I can come up with 10 that I love all the way from start to finish.

Spoon - Girls Can Tell
this is the ablum that got me thinking about this post. I love it. All the way through.

the Black Heart Procession - Amore del Tropico
the first step in a new direction for BHP, this album deserves to be a movie score... and it is.

Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights
I thought this album was okay when it first came out.
A few months later I listened to it again... for three years, nonstop... and I continue to.

Decemberists - Castaways & Cutouts
the album that got me hooked on the band. I love it. a lot.

Holly Golightly - Serial Girlfriend
This is a perfect album from a unique kinda woman.

Modest Mouse - the Lonesome Crowded West
The difference in style from song to song, and the way each song takes its time. Perfect.

Rainer Maria - Look Now, Look Again
No other album in their collection comes close to how perfect this one is.

Andrew Bird - and the Mysterious Production of Eggs.
shut up. It's perfect.

the Flaming Lips - the Soft Bulletin
I was turned onto this album one year after it was released. At the time, I couldn't believe I slept on it for a year. It's in a constant rotation in my collection.

We Ragazzi - the Ache
This album is perfect for one reason and one reason only:
Hard Core Make Outs.
It's a make out album and it rules.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:48 PM , Blogger Gregory Kohs said...

    Rainer Maria is nominated for a "Best Indie Song" at:

    http://www.centiare.com/Top_10_Indie_songs_of_the_century

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home