palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Perfect Song 17

the Decemberists - a Cautionary Song


I believe it was 2003 when I got Castaways & Cutouts. I listened to it maybe once all the way through and put it to the side. It was okay, but it didn't blow me away.
Two weeks later, I load it into my mp3 player (pre-iPod) and the sounds of an acordian strike a chord with me. It's this Cautionary song. I listen to it again. What a haunting tale. I listen to it a third time - and I'm hooked. After that I listen to the entire album and slowly fall in love with this band. They became a big obsession of mine for two years. They have since drifted off, but I'll always have Castaways & Cutouts and this perfect song.

*this video is pretty cool too!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    thanks for the video's comment, i made it, and I love the band too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home