palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Perfect Song 6

I don't know when it was exactly, but somewhere in my formative years I was introduced to Nat King Cole. I'm not one who's into jazz music by any means - I generally think it's pretty stupid. I like the influence it's had on some of my favorite musicians, but for the most part it meandering and dull-city.
So - Nat King Cole is one of those singer/songwriters that knew how to write and sing a tune. His songs are beautiful and catchy. I can find a time in just about every movie - where a Nat King Cole song would fit perfectly.
To prove it, I found this clip on YouTube of one of my favorite Nat King Cole songs "It's only a paper moon" put under images of desolate grey, swampy dirt town movies captured by some suburban shlep... and it still works.
To look at it, you'd think the song is about birds... it's not. Perhaps the song Straighten Up And Fly Right would be a little more suitable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home