palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Perfect Song 3

I am currently going through a lot of my music looking for a soundtrack to a short film I'm making. This week the Perfect Song goes a little ways back. In 1995 I took a trip from Chicago to San Francisco and back. Along the way I stopped to visit one of my best friends Amelia, in Hooper Utah. One morning, while she was getting ready for work - she was listening to something I would have never expected... Portishead. It was their first album, Dummy. From that moment I was a fan of the music created by these Brits.
Only You is from Portishead's self titled Sophomore album.
This is the video, directed by Chris Cunningham


And here is the version from their concert video at the Roseland in NYC:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM , Blogger gena said...

    uhm, that is definitely one of the most perfect songs of all time. in the movie in my head that song has a significant role.

     
  • At 11:04 AM , Blogger blob bladewig said...

    I know what you mean.
    How can this live version be THIS GOOD?
    and Beth looks like such a bad ass with that cigarette in her hand...

    ...sigh...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home