palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Arizona (the band)

In November of 2006 I was introduced to the band Arizona.
Holidays, work and everything else caused me to not really give them the attention they deserved.
www.arizonatheband.com
Welcome Back Dear Children - is the name of their album.
It's two parts experimental pop, one part psychadelia. The lead singer's voice is somewhere between Jack White and Brendan Benson (look out, Raconteurs) and the music structure is somewhere around Beulah.
They're a little hard to catagorize, as no two songs on the album sound all that much alike.

When I haven't been listening to the Who: Sell Out
I've been listening to Arizona: Welcome Back Dear Children.

also
Beirut has released a new EP
Lon Gisland is the name of it.
It's available for download at insound.com

Elephant Gun is a good song off it. The rest is short instrumental/full band stuff.
Good for the price.
And, it's Manuary. I'm growing what I call "the Stonehenge". tough...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Keep up the good work.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home