palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Wincing the Night Away

So...
a few months ago the new Shins album leaked online - and being the pirate that I am, I got myself a copy of it.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Shins, but I like them alright. I did not like the movie Garden State all that much, but it gave the band a lot of press and recognition.

Their last album was released in 2003. We've had four years without a new Shins album. One would think they took this time to expand their sound, creatively.

I don't find that has happened on this new album. It sounds like the same ol' Shins as before, which I'm fine with. As I said -I was never the world's biggest Shins fan. I like their sound alright. I just thought they'd be able to find something new and/or more creative in close to four years.

I 've heard this album has been completed for well over a year. I assume they've been shopping it around to Major Labels and have been turned down. That's just a guess though.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM , Blogger Ara said...

    I'm from Mexico...
    And I do love the shins, well how's my country relevant anyway? we don't usually get that much good music, and perhaps the searching process involves a whole other meaning to the tunes... When I first heard "New Slang" I was enchanted, never did I even thought that something like that could exist so...
    You're one of the few fans I have found until now, I recomend Joaquin Sabina a spanish songwritter in case you're interested =D
    You made me day happier

     
  • At 7:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think if you dont find yourself a "big fan" of The Shins then you shouldnt be comparing albums or their sound like that. I think through out their discography their music has stayed consitant, but their energy live, and thier lyrics has changed drastically..

    So enlist every ounce of your bright blood, and off with your head.

     
  • At 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I agree with "anonymous"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home