palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Swan Lake


I have been eagerly anticipating the release of Swan Lake's album Beast Moans - so I was pleased to find iTunes had released it at midnight on Tuesday. I wanted to get it before I had to leave town for thanksgiving... and now I had the chance. For weeks leading up to its release I had gotten two MP3's from the jagjaguwar website and loved them.
I uploaded the album and my iPod and was ready for my travels to Boston.

Our plane left Chicago at 8:05 am. Stacey soon went to sleep and I put my headphones on.


I couldn't even get through the album once without turning it off. It's not good. I'm very sad.
I suppose I didn't take into account that I am NOT a Destroyer fan in the least. Dan Bejar is more of an annoyance than a musical genious to me. However, I am a big Wolf Parade fan. Frog Eyes... ehhh... never really hit me one way or the other. I guess the odds were never in my favor.

It's too bad.
The Krug songs are pretty good, but overall it wasn't worth my anticipation.

boo.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home