palindrome

the new goings on in a new town in the Pacific Northwest.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

obsessionsssss

So first, let's talk about Portland Oregon.
I just spent five beautiful days in this city and had a wonderful time.
Stacey lived there for a while, so she showed me all around the town. It seemed huge. I later realized that was because she was driving me around in circles, but still. It's a good sized city with some BEAUTIFUL scenery. That much is true.
Since I've lived in Chicago for almost 10 years now (yikes) I know most of the people in the improv community - so a lot of Stacey's friends in the city were already my friends or acquantences who then became 'our friends'. This weekend in Portland I got to meet some of Stacey's closest friends and they couldn't be better people. Of the three couples we hung out with the most, only 1 was an improv couple. CRAZY.
Both of us missed our little mutt, but Portland was LOVELY. I kinda want to move there now.

Second.
This Battles album (MIRRORED) is one of the most creative and fantastic things I've heard in a long time. It's mathrock from the future people. You're not ready for this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home